PKNIC Domain Structure and Restrictions
The .PK Domain Name registered must belong to one of the second or third level domain names listed below. The payment schedule for all domain types is same and the general guidelines for each type of domain are given below.
|PK Domain Structure and Types||Order|
|.PK||General Second Level Domains without .com.pk etc Suffix||Register .PK Domain|
|.COM.PK||General Business, or Individual||Register .COM.PK Domain|
|.NET.PK||Network Related Business||.NET.PK Domain Registration|
|.ORG.PK||Non-profit Organizations||.ORG.PK Domain Registration|
|.FAM.PK||Family and Individuals||Buy .FAM.PK Domain|
|.BIZ.PK||General Business, Promotional||Register .BIZ.PK Domain|
|.WEB.PK||Web Sites||.WEB.PK Domain Registration|
|.EDU.PK||Educational Institutes||.EDU.PK Domain Registration|
|.GOV.PK||Domains for Government of Pakistan||Register .GOV.PK Domain|
|.GOB.PK||Domains for Government of Baluchistan||Buy .GOB.PK Domain|
|.GOG.PK||Domains for Government of Gilgit Baltistan||.GOG.PK Domain Name|
|.GKP.PK||Domains for Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||.GKP.PK Domain Price|
|.GOP.PK||Domains for Government of Punjab||Register .GOP.PK Domain|
|.GOS.PK||Domains for Government of Sindh||Register .GOS.PK Domain|
|.GOK.PK||Domains for Government of Azad Kashmir||.GOK.PK Domain Name|
- In addition of the requirements given below the applications for all these types of domains must confirm to the PKNIC Domain Registry Policy Agreement. If there is any difference in PKNIC registration policy and the specific domain name terms and conditions described below, then these terms and coditions written below will apply.
- 63 characters is the maximum domain length allowed excluding the .pk portion and 67 characters is the maximum domain length allowed including .pk suffix.
- In case of second level .pk domains, the minimum character count for the domain name, exclusive of .pk portion is four characters (e.g 1234.pk). It must be noted that a four character .pk domain name cannot start with one of PKNIC second level sub-domains for example com, net, org, gov, gop etc. For example following domain names are not acceptable comm.pk, coms.pk, nets.pk, net2.pk, govs.pk, etc. The complete list of .PK current and reserved sub-domains includes but is not limited to .COM.PK, .NET.PK, .ORG.PK, .GKP.PK, .GOP.PK, .BIZ.PK, .WEB.PK, .EDU.PK, .GOV.PK, .GOB.PK, .GOG.PK, .GOS.PK, .GOK.PK, .INFO.PK, .FAM.PK.
- To help minimize website phishing attacks the following restrictions has been placed.
- Since August 2013 any new domain name registration with four character name before .pk cannot contain any of the PKNIC second level sub-domains (e.g. com, net, org, gov, gop, etc).
- Since May 2014 any new second level domain name registration cannot end with one of the PKNIC second level sub-domains (e.g. com, net, edu, org, biz, web, fam, gov, gop, gos, etc). Exceptions can be made in case of long domain names in which the meaning of domain name does not confuse with second level sub-domain space.
- In case of third level .COM.PK etc domains the minimum domain length or character count is one character for example a.com.pk, b.net.pk, c.org.pk. The label "pk" and all the second level suffix names are reserved for these domain types for example you cannot register pk.com.pk, net.com.pk, com.com.pk, gov.com.pk, etc.
- You cannot start a domain name with a dash "-", and cannot have two consecutive dashes "--" in a domain name. These are reserved for IDN encodings.
- Generic dictionary words are allowed as a domain name or to be used in a domain name unless or untill they violate other terms set forth here or in the general PKNIC Registration Policy.
- The domain name is not present in the list of reserved or blocked names. Examples of reserved namespace are INFO.PK, NAME.PK, etc.
- Domain names are not required to have pre configured name servers for them.